Can I add a new event to the calendar?
You can add new events to your personal calendar. To add new event to calendar, you may follow these steps:
- Click "Dashboard" from Navigation block.
- Click "Customize this page".
- Select "Upcoming Events" from dropdown menu.
- Click "New event" link under Upcoming Events block.
- Fill the mandatory fields marked by *.
- Click "Save changes".
New event will be added to Upcoming Events list. If you want you can also add a calendar, you may select "Calendar" from "Add a block" dropdown menu.
Can I restrict access of my students to resources under selected conditions?
You can restrict access of your students to resources or activities due to:
- a graded online or in-class activity
- student information
- selected dates
While adding a resource and an activity you may configure the conditions using "Restrict Access" section.
For more information: https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Conditional_activities_settings
Can users who are not ODTU affiliates use ODTUClass?
ODTUClass is a learning management system which serves to instructors and students, therefore it serves to ODTU users.
However, due to the request of the instructor, a user who is not an ODTU affiliate can be added by administrators. Please, send a mail to email@example.com including the reason of request and name, surname and email of the user.
How can I add a midterm grade?
You can add columns to Grades manually to add grades for classroom activities such as midterms or quizzes. To add a new column (grade item),you may follow these steps:
- At the course page, click "Grades" option from the Course Administration.
- Click "Categories and Items" link under "Setup" block.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add grade item" button. The New grade item page will open.
- Enter an "Item name" (for example: Midterm 1).
- Enter the "Maximum grade" value for this grade. Maximum grade depends on the aggregation method. For more information about aggregation methods please visit: https://odtuclass.metu.edu.tr/mod/glossary/view.php?id=1&mode=cat
- Click "Save changes" button.
After adding a new grade item, you can follow these steps to manually enter grades:
- Click "View" tab to return to "Grader Report" where you will find the list of enrolled students.
- Click "Turn editing on" button. Grade cells will change to entry fields.
- Enter the grades to the fields.
- When you finish entering grades, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" button. Otherwise, all the grades you entered will disappear.
How can I change my password?
ODTUClass takes user information from ODTU central servers, therefore you can not change password on ODTUClass. CC provides more information about how to change password: http://faq.cc.metu.edu.tr/groups/password
How can I let my colleague see my course materials?
You can add your colleagues as "Non-editing teacher" to your course. Non-editing teachers can only visit your course page but cannot editing anything.
To enroll a non-editing teacher you can follow these steps:
- Go to the course page.
- Click "Users" menu from the Course Administration.
- Click “Enrolled users” option and list the enrolled users.
- Click "Enroll users" button on the top right of the list.
- A pop-up window will appear. On this window select “None” option from the "Assign roles" dropdown menu.
- Search the list of users to find your colleague typing e-mail address to textbox at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Find your colleague among the search results and click "Enroll" button.
- Click “Finish enrolling users” button.
How can I restore a course?
In order to reach the contents of a course that you have backed up, you need to "Restore" it.
To restore a course, you may follow these steps:
- Go to course page.
- Click "Restore" option from the Course Administration.
- Drag the .mbz file that you have downloaded and drop it to Import a backup file area.
- Click Restore button.
- Click "Continue" button.
- Select Merge the backup course into this course option from Restore into this course section.
- Click "Continue" button.
- Click "Next" buttons to proceed.
- Click "Perform restore" button on the last page.
- When the system completes the process click "Continue" button and return to course page.
How can I set badges up to the course?
Badges are a way of celebrating success. Badges are awarded according to various criteria.To create badges you may follow these steps:
- Go to your course.
- Click "Settings" from "Course Administration"
- Click "Manage badges".
- Click "Add a badges"
- Fill the mandatory fields marked by *.
- You will be taken to the "Criteria" tab.
- From the drop-down menu choose to "Add badge criteria":
- Manual issue by role: all enrolled users on the course with a certain role
- Course completion: the student will need to have been marked as completing the course to get the badge.
- Activity completion: based on the student completing an activity.
- You must define which criteria must be completed to receive the badge.
- Click "Save".
- Click "Enable access" at the top of the page.
How can I show students the deadline of activities?
There are two ways advised to show the deadlines of the activities to your students.
- Students can see the deadline of the activities in "Upcoming Events' block on your course page. The names and the deadlines of the activities are automatically transferred to this block. Moreover, it is possible to view all the activities and their deadlines by simply clicking "Go to calendar" button on the same block.
- If you want the deadlines to be shown under the assignment itself, you can see "Description" section you face while adding the activity. On the other hand, if the activity has already been added to the system, and you want to add a deadline after, you need to click "Edit" and "Edit settings" in sequence. Then, enter the deadline in "Description" section and select " Display description on course page" option. Finally, click "Save and return to course" button. The deadline of the activity will appear below the activity itself.
How can I upload my grades to gradebook?
You can enter your grades in a file in your computer, and then upload it to ODTUClass. For that, you can follow the next steps:
- Save your grades document as a "CSV file".
- This file should include a column such as id number or email to identify students.
- To be sure, open .csv file with a text editor (such as Notepad):
- Check the separator. In most cases separator is either comma or semicolon.
- Check the decimal separator: It should be "dot (.)".
- Go to ODTÜClass and open course page.
- Click "Grades" option from Course Administration.
- Click "Import" tab. "CSV file" tab will also be chosen.
- Drag and drop your .csv file to "File" box.
- Select the separator (step 2) of your file.
- Click "Upload Grades" button.
- Check "Import Preview".
- ODTÜClass will be matching the students in your file with the list of enrolled students according to your selection at the "Identify user by" section:
- Select the column title of the student idenfier from "Map from" dropdown menu.
- Select the matching data from "Map to" dropdown menu.
- From "Grade item mappings" section find the grade item you want to import and select the column title of the grades in your file using the dropdown menu.
- Click "Upload grades" button.